Sunday, October 16, 2011

Still


Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me within your mighty hand
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God
Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust

There're so many uncertainties in life that we can't tell. Obstacles and unwanted circumstances are always there for us and sometimes we can't do anything about them. I've been constantly worrying about my plans. From accommodation to internship, from financial sources to spiritual life, from diverse point of view to obeying God. There're so much for me. Once one problem is settled, another one would come. Insomnia almost every night due to these worries is driving me crazy. I dare not tell anyone. I told God about my problems and I had a great sleep last night. God takes my burden away from me. However I'm back to confusion during day time again. It is such a failure to only feel near to God when I'm alone. I should walk by God's path all the time. But honestly this is so hard. The temptations around me are so strong and I could barely ignore them. I am a super materialistic person and I wish for everything to be luxurious. My spiritual life is now a mess. I basically worry about everything around me and God reminds me about this verse in the Bible:

"So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today's trouble is enough for today." (Matthew 6:34)

For I shall pray and leave all my burdens to You.
For I shall look forward and stay strong to overcome tomorrow's problem.
For I shall live for You.
For I shall have enough faith on You.

"So I say to you, Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you." (Luke 11:9-10)


I pray for Your lead and guidance.
Tonight is a night full of blessings for I found peace in me.
Tonight is a night full of blessings for I found You in me.
Hallelujah.

I will be still know You are God.

No comments: